LEADING THROUGH CHANGE
Change is the new normal for most organizations and in life. In order for companies to survive and thrive in today’s competitive environment, they will need to change quickly and successfully. Managing change is now a core competency that all leaders are expected to have yet many continue to struggle in making this shift.
Motivating people to change direction, building new strategies, transforming business models, and adopting new ways of collaboration can be challenging.
The Leading Through Change workshop focuses on best practices and guiding principles to be successful at leading change management initiatives and strategies. In order to be truly effective in obtaining employee buy-in, we need to target both the emotional and intellectual aspects of our employee’s thinking to impact change or shift in behavior. Employee buy-in is when employees are committed to the mission and goals of the company, and also find satisfaction and enjoyment in their day-to-day work. Buy-in promotes engagement and a willingness to go the extra mile on the job.
During this three-hour workshop will we explore why it is important to get people on side, or bought into an idea or change, as they need to be “emotionally connected” or invested in the idea or task at hand. They will also need to understand why an idea or change is important or even critical, as that is how people will either buy-in or resist the idea or change. Successful leaders know how to create trust and engage their people in the idea or change creation process. Change management doesn’t always have to be difficult; changing the way leaders approach and lead change will make the difference between a successful change initiative or failure.
- Enhanced change management skills and best practices
- Obtaining buy in and support from your team and others in the organization
- How to impact change in a more positive and productive way
- Engaging others in the change process
- Effective leadership practices that influence and instil lasting change
- Improved performance across metrics due to team buy-in and increased responsibility among team members
- Improvements in employee engagement and emotional connectedness to the organization
- The ability to exceed customer expectations through growth and team work
- Cultivate a culture of accountability and ownership at all levels in the organization